About SVHS SVHS Administration
Counseling Center Academic Courses/Programs Graduation Info Testing Information Library College/Career Center
About SVHS Teachers Elective Teachers Core Teachers
SVHS SPORTS Fall Sports Winter Sports Spring Sports Cheer Title IX Report
Parent Information
ASB/Clubs Photo Gallery Seniors

ROP Courses

ROP is a public education service that provides practical, hands-on career preparation and career guidance. Students need to be 16 years of age in order to participate in the program. Students can earn 10 elective units when taking a ROP class. Students need to see their counselor or the College/Career Center to register for a class. Classes are offered every semester, during the regular school day, as part of their elective or after school.
East San Gabriel Valley ROP is one of 72 ROP’s in the state of California. ROP is designed to provide students with the technical skills required for particular jobs. Community based-internships in local businesses and industry sites are offered in many classes.
Example of classes offered this year:


  • Health Careers
  • A+ Certification Prep
  • Sports Medicine
  • Automotive
  • Child Care
  • Administration of Justice
  • Retail Sales
  • Graphic Arts/Silk Screening

College/Career Center

Welcome to the College and Career Center. Visit the College/Career Center located next door to the Counseling/Guidance Office. Students can speak with Mrs. Anaya, counselor in the Career Center or Ms. Michelle Svider, Career Center Clerk, who are available Monday-Friday from 7:30 am – 4:00 pm to assist students.

The College/Career Center hosts various college and career presentations. To find out about events visit the College/Career Center or listen for the bulletin announcements.

Ms. Sandra Anaya
(626) 960-7741 Ext. 2064
(626) 856-4046 FAX


If you are a graduate of Sierra Vista High School, Mrs. Anaya would like to invite you to serve as a mentor, classroom speaker, or Career Fair presenter. Please call Mrs. Anaya at 626-856-4014.


The Career Center serves as a liaison for all branches of the Military and for the Military Academies. Military recruiters are only allowed on campus on Tuesdays during the students lunch break. A table and chairs are provided for the recruiter, if they call in advance. Recruiters are not allowed to walk around campus. They are to be stationary in the Center Quad. 

U.S. Navy
U.S. Army
U.S. Marines
U.S. Air Force
U.S. National Guard
U.S. Coast Guard


Summer Programs  

Students have access to a variety of summer programs offered such as: Summer Science Program, University of Denver Engineering, Constitutional Rights Foundation Youth Internship Program, Chicano Latino Youth Leadership Conference, Accounting Career Summer Residency Program and others.


Services Provided

College visitations
College application workshops
Career Fair

(If you are a professional, who would like to be a presenter in our annual Career Fair, please contact us)

Resources Available at the College/Career Center

College Catalogs
Reference Books
Videos, magazines and pamphlets
Armed Services Information
SAT and ACT Test Information (See counseling office)
UC and CSU information

Work Permit

Students under 18 years of age who are being hired for a job must obtain a work permit. You may apply for a Work Permit once you have been offered a job. Work Permit Applications are available in the College/Career Center and in the Counseling Office.


Students must have a job prior to applying for a Work Permit

  1. Carefully and neatly complete the application. All items must be filled in by you and your employer. Do not leave any blank spaces. (Be sure your employer lists the name of the Workers Compensation Insurance Carrier and your starting wage).
  2. Have your parent or guardian sign and date the application.
  3. Bring your original Social Security Card and Original Birth Certificate along with your completed application to the College & Career Center to receive your issued Work Permit.
  4. If you follow numbers 1 - 3, we will have your Work Permit ready for pick up in about 2 days.


Application for Work Permit